We chatted about some of our favorite bronzers last year, but we figured it was time to revisit the topic once again!
Been getting a lot of requests for bronzers so gonna repost these swatches! New round ups coming up soon 🤗 From T to B: - @sonia.kashuk Bronzer in Goddess - @lauramercier Illuminator in Seduction - @nyxcosmetics illuminator in Sun Goddess - @nyxcosmetics Illuminating Stick in Topaz Tan - @marenabeaute Blush in Chocolat - Shea M illuminating powder in MANDALAY Dusk (😩) - @shopmissa Santee Mineral Pressed Galaxy Powder in 09 - @blackradiancebeauty Bronzer in Blackberry #CocoaSwatches
Ugh, why is it SO hard to find bronzers for dark complexions? Half the time brands launch bronzers that just aren't dark enough and the other half, brands discontinue the bronzers that work for us. For this very reason, we've compiled a list of bronzers that you can buy in 2018 ..(and Mandalay Dusk for reference.)
*** note: Realized the oil on my arm made the swatches above darker than they might regularly appear. (almost as if I sprayed fix + before hand!) The swatches below are more true to color.
From L to R:
- Cover Girl Queen Natural Hue Mineral Bronzer in Ebony Bronze - $6.99
- NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in Topaz Tan - $7.99
- Maréna Beauté Blush in Chocolat - $36
- Shea Moisture Illuminator in Mandalay Dusk (discontinued)
- MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Hard to Get - $28
- Mac Powder Blush in Blunt - $23
- Marena Beauté Pressed Powder in Ebéne - $42
- MAC Powder Blush in Sweet As Cocoa - $23
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep 4 - $44
One of the most common misconceptions is that bronzers and contour products are the same thing.
They are not.
Bronzing typically brings warmth to the face while contouring bring shadow.
Check out the YouTube video below where we discuss some of these misconceptions and the swatch photo that compares the two.
A list of Bronzers and Contour Powders for reference
You will find the contour powders on the matte side. From T to B:
- Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Ebony - $3.99
- MAC Sculpting Powder in "Definitive" - $17
- Make Up For Ever Artist Face Color in "S118" - $23
- Makeup Geek Contour Powder in "Deal Breaker" - $10
Do you use bronzers? What are some of your faves? Let us know in the comments section!