1. Gold Label Cosmetics
I came across Gold Label Cosmetics quickly after I launched the Cocoa Swatches app. I quickly fell in love with the gold packaging, innovative products, and great lippie shade range!
What You Need to Know
- Owner: Kristen Elise Brown, a beauty entrepreneur who previously worked on FYI's show, B.O.R.N. to Style
- Must-Have Items: Their matte lip pens are super unique because they allow you to apply your lipstick like a traditional lipstick but has the formula of a liquid lipstick. Empowering is an amazing red lippie shade and Nairobi is one of my all time favorite nudes!
- Vibe: Classic, luxe
- Where to buy? : You can purchase this brand from its website. Use "COCOA" for $$ off!
2. Flaunt and Cleanse by Lauren Napier
I had the privilege of speaking with Lauren last summer about her career and her love of skin care. "It began with a desire to have clean skin. I am a minimalist, a makeup artist, skincare enthusiast and world traveler. I couldn't find what I was looking for in a makeup remover - so I created it" says Lauren, on her website. I was inspired by her story (and her minimal aesthetic) and was immediately drawn to her brand. Her individually wrapped makeup wipes are amazing to have on hand while traveling and are cruelty free!
"THERE IS BEAUTY IN TAKING IT OFF" - LAUREN NAPIER
Was playing around with my #LUST004 Kit and wanted to take my makeup off and figured it was a perfect opportunity to show you guys how amazing @laurennapier 's Cleanse wipes are! 😍 ( Included in our #BOMBAssGiveaway- Deets in previous posts) They take EVERYTHING off! And each wipe comes in individual packages so you don't lose out on any moisture! You can even use these wipes to prep the your skin before makeup as well! 🙌🏿 #CocoaSwatches
What You Need to Know
- Owner: Lauren Napier, "A bona fide beauty expert, Lauren Napier has worked with Oscar winners, music and pop icons, indie film stars, silver screen legends, a Beatle, a Bond, and an American President. To date, Lauren's work has been seen in Vogue, Vanity Fair, Essence and More magazines other works include long standing comedy institution Saturday Night Live and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."
- Must-Have Items: Both Flaunt and Cleanse makeup wipes come in packs of 5, 15 and 40. The 15 pack is a great place to start!
- Vibe: Minimal, Fresh
- Where to buy? : You can purchase this brand from their website or retailers listed here.
3. Bahi Cosmetics
Bahi Cosmetics has grown a cult following on social media. Their innovative aesthetic and fresh approach to skin care keeps their fans singing their praises!
It's gloomy in NYC but the "Danielle" highlighter by @bahicosmetics is making up for it! This baby is included in the grand prize of our #BOMBAssGiveaway! We are giving away a bunch of products from Black Owned Makeup Brands. And guess what some lippies from @liquidcourage_cosmetics have just been added to the mix 😵 Today is the LAST DAY to enter! Rules below (see previous posts for full contents of the prizes) : Now the most important part , how to enter! We wanted this to be fun so we are making it a challenge: #TheMinimalChallenge - Post a look on your instagram page of a makeup look created using only 5 products! We wanna see you get creative! Make sure your page is not private. And make sure to name what you used! Multiple entries welcomed. Old posts are also welcomed - Add #BOMBAssGiveaway #CocoaSwatches #TheMinimalChallenge and #CocoaCollective to your post - Sorry international lovelies, only US residents are eligible for the top prize but you are still eligible to be featured as top 5! That's it!! Leave any questions and comments below! 💋 We will be posting swatches of some of the prizes all week! Contest ends on Tuesday October 4, 11:59 pm PST Ready , set, GO!
What You Need to Know
- Owner: Danielle Bahi, licensed aesthetician and makeup artist.
- Must-Have Items: I keep hearing amazing things about their Sunflower Serum!
- Vibe: sweet, innovative, cool
- Where to buy? : You can purchase this brand from their website
What are some of your black owned beauty brands?? Let us know in the comments!
If you are a brand that would like to be featured, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject BOB Series.